Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise agreed all sales made by Ostomed Limited (Ostomed) are made on these conditions of sale. No variation of these conditions or any terms supplied with any order form or other document provided by you will be binding on Ostomed unless confirmed in writing by a Director of Ostomed.
2. Orders can only be placed by businesses or individuals within Great Britain. All orders are subject to acceptance by Ostomed.
3. All goods are subject to availability. As a result of continuing product development the specification or design of goods may vary from that shown.
4. You are responsible for deciding on the suitability of the goods offered for any particular purpose and for the consequences arising from any work we undertake on the goods at your request.
Prices and Payment
5. All prices in our catalogue, leaflets and our website are in pound sterling, exclude VAT and delivery and were correct when published. Ostomed reserves the right to change the advertised price before you place an order.
6. Unless otherwise agreed, payment is required prior to the delivery of goods. Ostomed accepts payment by cheque or cash where the goods are collected from our warehouse. Where Ostomed agrees to issue an invoice on a credit basis, you must pay the invoice on the last day of the month following the month in which the invoice was issued. If you wish to open a credit account with Ostomed please ask for details (accounts are subject to status).
7. For so long as any amount to be paid for the goods remains owing to Ostomed title to the goods will remain with Ostomed and will not pass to you until Ostomed has received payment in full including any interest due in accordance with paragraph 8.
8. Ostomed may charge interest at 4% above the base rate from time to time of HSBC plc on any amount not received by the due date until such amount is received, both before and after judgement.
9. Goods held in our warehouse are normally delivered the next working day, subject to order cut off times that will be published from time to time.
10. Risk of loss or damage to the goods shall pass to you upon delivery.
11. Claims for damage to goods must be noted at the time of delivery and notified to Ostomed within 3 days of delivery to you. Claims for non-delivery of goods must be notified to Ostomed with 7 days of the invoice date.
12. Ostomed are unable to accept the return of goods without a customer return number (CRN). Please contact our Customer Services Department if you wish to return goods on telephone number 01253 881290. Faulty goods will be accepted for return within 7 days of delivery to you if they are returned undamaged, complete and in the original packaging. Non – faulty goods will be accepted entirely at Ostomed’s discretion within 7 days of delivery to you provided that they are returned unopened, within date and in perfect condition. Non-faulty returns include those returned as faulty when no fault is found. Where we accept a non-faulty return you will be credited at the selling price less a handling charge of 15% of that price.
13. Where goods are specially ordered for you, Ostomed cannot accept cancellation of your order and will only accept the return of goods if they are defective and returned within 14 days of delivery to you.
Guarantee and Liability
14. Goods supplied by Ostomed are guaranteed in accordance with the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty provided with the goods. Ostomed accepts no liability of whatever nature arising as a result of any representations, breach of contract, negligence or otherwise including, but not limited to, any liability for indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits, revenue, business or goodwill except for liability for death or personal injury caused by Ostomed’s negligence. All conditions, warranties, guarantees and representations, express or implied, by statute, common law or otherwise in relation to the goods (other than liability which Ostomed is not permitted by law to restrict or exclude) are hereby excluded.
15. From time to time promotional free gifts may be offered with goods. If acceptance of a free gift contravenes your business policies or practices, please let us know and Ostomed will not provide the free item.
16. Telephone calls may be recorded and used for training and/or monitoring purposes.
Following the recent announcement of a bank holiday for the state funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II, ...